In today’ s fast-paced marketing world, putting WhatsApp messaging and SMS on the same wet whine scale is just as weird as se ttine up a race between rabbit and turtle- two different species with different needs and speeds.
But since we always want to know who runs fast despite knowing the obvious facts, let us dig into what works better in marketing!
In 2009 an internet-based messaging application similar to text messaging was introduced as “WhatsApp”. Along with texting, it also brought media-supported options, leaving text messaging far behind in the race.
Today, WhatsApp is being used in over 100 countries by two billion active users. Whereas SMS has lost its identity and is only used by limited users.
The marketers move where their audiences move, opting for the most used communication platforms to fulfill their marketing needs. In this regard, WhatsApp has revolutionized the marketing means by introducing a whole new platform called “WhatsApp Business”.
Below are some of the goods and bad about the WhatsApp business. Read them carefully to understand where the most popular app stands in the marketing race today!
- WhatsApp Business is free to download and easy to use.
- With a good internet connection, WhatsApp messaging becomes cheaper than what is charged on text messaging.
- WhatsApp lets you build and share your business profile with your customers.
- You can use multiple modes of communication like texting, images, videos, recordings, and links.
- Businesses can also reach a bigger audience and grow your business instantly.
- For already grown businesses, WhatsApp marketing makes it easier to connect with hundreds of customers simultaneously through auto-messaging.
- WhatsApp business can only be used on one device at a time, which restricts the user’s convenience.
- It requires an active internet connection for uninterrupted usage. Customers having no data may result getting delayed messages.
Typically WhatsApp is used by most of the masses, but not everyone. Those who do not own an android phone or an internet connection cannot keep an active WhatsApp account. This is where the SMS slide in the picture.
The brands and service providers still prefer SMS marketing to reach everyone who owns a phone, doesn’ t matter simple or smart. SM S marketing is still effective for any marketing purposes such as new offers, discounts, order tracking, accounts check and balance, etc.
Continue reading what keeps the old-fashioned messaging service still in the fashion and what things need to be improved.
- It gives you access to everyone at any time, without requiring an internet connection.
- Your message reaches your customers at the same time that you plan.
- Getting a message at the right time will make the customer take action on time, making the purchase or availing of the service.
- You have limited characters to use to convey your message.
- You cannot use any mode other than texting.
- Your customer’s inbox can be slammed with unnecessary messages, leaving a bad impression of your business.
- The rate of one SMS is higher than that of one WhatsApp message.
The Final Verdict
Choosing WhatsApp or SMS for better marketing of your business solely depends on the type and requirements of your business. What works for one might not work for the other. Therefore, it is better to choose wisely between the two, which gives you the best results.
All in all, WhatsApp marketing still remains a golden opportunity for businesses to reinforce their brand and build trustworthy and long-lasting customer relationships. ,
Want to see more blogs like this ?
No spam, we promise.
WhatsApp Marketing：官方 Official WhatAapp Business API v.s. 第三方 WhatsApp API
在這即時通訊盛行的年代，顧客對企業的回覆率及速度有一定的期望。相信不少企業為方便即時回覆用戶，會使用WhatsApp Business API作為與用戶溝通的渠道。而WhatsApp Business API分為官方API及非官方 API.